We are very excited to announce the launch of the Social Health Network! The Social Health Network is a community for patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals with the goal of bringing empathy, support, and humanity to the healthcare industry. Learn more about the Social Health Network and all of the incredible benefits, such as, networking opportunities, free online courses, a weekly newsletter, and more.
What is social health?
We define social health as the dynamic, real-time action people take to find meaningful connections and share information that impacts the health journey. Our extensive research in social health and the patient experience, and continued patient leader partnerships, have given us the perfect opportunity to launch the Social Health Network – a community for patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals with the goal of bringing empathy, support, and humanity to the healthcare industry.
“Social health is sharing our stories to support each other. It’s a reminder that we are not alone in our struggles.” – Social Health Network Member Gabrielle
What is the Social Health Network?
The Social Health Network is a community for patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals with the goal of bringing empathy, support, and humanity to the healthcare industry. The Social Health Network offers free online resources, panels, networking events, and paid opportunities to amplify the voices of our health leaders – a combination of patient leaders and healthcare professionals.
We hope to expand the online resources, patient panels, networking events, and patient partnerships to amplify the patient voice more than ever before in this community.
What are the benefits of the network?
- Online courses
- Webinars and patient leader discussions
- Monthly advocacy resources
- Weekly patient leader newsletter
- Virtual networking events
- Patient leader panels
- Training calls and webinars
- Private Facebook Group
- Insight surveys
- Social media campaigns
- Speaking engagements
- Article features
- Earn points and redeem for rewards on platform
Social Health Awards and Connexion
The Social Health Awards, previously known as the WEGO Health Awards, are kicking off to celebrate patient leaders from across all platforms.The Social Health Awards are split into four different phases:
Connexion is Health Union’s annual conference to acknowledge and celebrate our patient leaders. This event is for our contrtacted individuals and Social Health Award finalists.
Changes Pillars members will see
Branding & Communications:
- Pillars branding will retire and become the Social Health Network
- Communications will transition from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (able to opt out)
- Invitation to the Social Health Network platform for opportunities, resources, and events
- Weekly newsletter from the Social Health Network on Tuesday mornings (able to opt out)
- Ongoing emails alerts for opportunities you may be a fit for (able to opt out)
- New faces in the Facebook Group – rebranding and inviting WEGO Patient Leaders to join the Social Health Network Facebook
Pillars Portal → Patient Leader Portal
- Portal moved to footer of Health-Union.com website
Changes Pillars members will NOT see
Changes WEGO members will see
Branding & Communications:
- WEGO branding has retired; updated for the Social Health Network
- Coming soon: Updated social handles
- Communications will transition from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coming soon: Complete branding overhaul, more opportunities & events
- *NEW Facebook Group: WEGO Group closing July 15th – stay tuned for weekly invitations to join our new Social Health Network group
Changes WEGO members will NOT see
- Loss of compensated opportunities, resources and connection opportunities
- The loss of perks (all the good is here to stay!)
- A unified profile between their HU sites and Social Health Network platform (in the works!)
We’re thrilled to bring the members from WEGO and Pillars together as one powerful community made of compassionate patient leaders like yourself. Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox for networking opportunities and updates from the Social Health Network. We are so appreciative of this community and look forward to this next chapter.
For any additional questions about the Social Health Network, reach out to us at email@example.com.